Join us in the height of luxury for the ultimate New Year’s Eve experience at InterContinental Sydney, one of the city’s premier hubs of activity and adventure with an unprecedented location to ring in the year ahead… and live the InterContinental Life!
On the night of nights, take in the scenes of Sydney’s incredible fireworks display from the most exclusive view in our world-class Club InterContinental, with sweeping views across iconic Sydney Harbour.
With grand suites, an exclusive club lounge, award-winning dining options and a premium base to explore Sydney’s famous New Year’s activities, this is the essence of opulence and sophistication.
Plan your dream New Year’s escape or staycation with us and create memories that will last a lifetime.
Want the insider secrets on the best spots to view the fireworks? Get the scoop below…
Experience a New Year’s Eve celebration like no other
With 509 contemporary rooms, including 28 suites, and the world’s leading executive club lounge, we have an array of luxurious accommodation options and experiences to choose from. Join the best-in-class and explore our in-depth insight into our rooms and suites collection:
Soar sky-high at Club InterContinental
Experience the height of luxury with Club InterContinental’s definitive New Year’s Eve celebration.
Book an exclusive Club room and be part of Sydney’s most iconic New Year soiree, where you will star in one of the most exclusive events in town as you toast to new beginnings. Recognised as the world’s leading Executive Club Lounge 2017, and Australasia’s Leading Executive Club Lounge for three consecutive years by the World Travel Awards, there is no better place to be on the night of nights.
It is a night drenched in anticipation, celebration and exhilaration. You will experience excitement and breathtaking visuals in the front-row of Sydney’s iconic fireworks display, with 270-degree uninterrupted views across Sydney’s Harbour from our wrap-around terrace on level 32.
Please note: Club InterContinental access is only available to guests who have booked a Club-access room.
See what we have planned for the best event in town.
The suite collection
Private suites with picture-perfect views, sky-high elevation and Harbour lights. Have it all in one of our collection of highly sought after suites which includes the Australia Suite, State Suite and Governors Suites. With the city’s most envied vantage points, stretch your eyes across the glow of Sydney Harbour and be immersed in a celebration like no other.
Take a closer look at our stunning suites.
Rooms with a view
Ignite a sense of delight and dramatic effect with a clear view to the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House from our rooms with a view. See the stellar fireworks in action when the clock strikes twelve and sip champagne from your luxury space. These rooms are ideal for anyone hoping to catch a glimpse of Sydney’s incredible New Year’s action in the ultimate sophisticated style.
Take a closer look at our rooms with a view.
In the heart of the magic
Be placed in the heart of action where our city-side rooms provide the perfect base to set on foot and explore Circular Quay and Sydney’s surrounds where all the thrilling activity will be taking place. A stone’s throw from the city’s key locations and best on-ground vantage points to view the fireworks, soak up the city skyline as it lights up on the night of nights. (Please note, there are no views of fireworks available from these rooms or any public spaces within the hotel).
Take a closer look at our city-side rooms.
The New Year’s Eve package
Being the biggest night of the year, we’ve designed an exclusive four-night minimum stay accommodation package for New Year’s Eve. To help you make the most of this incredible celebration and Sydney during this time of year, please note the important package details:
- 4-night minimum stay – arrival from 28th, 29th and 30th December. Arrival on the 31st is not permitted due to road closures within the hotel's proximity.
- Full prepayment is required at time of booking. Failure to secure prepayment within 48 hours will incur in immediate release of reservation.
- Terms and conditions will be sent for direct bookings outlining details and inclusions of the reservation; they are to be signed and sent back to us in agreement of booking conditions.
- Roll-away beds will only be provided to bookings for three adults (additional charge of $75 per room, per night)
- For Fire Life Safety purposes, a maximum of three adults is allowed per room (King or Twin). Please contact us directly if there are children and we will provide the best solution to accommodate your needs.
- Room allocation requests (connecting, adjoining and same floor) are not guaranteed and may cause a delay in room readiness past official check-in time of 3pm if insisted upon.
- Club InterContinental is only accessible if booked as a room type and full prepayment at time of booking is required. Failure to secure prepayment within 48 hours of making the booking will incur an immediate release of reservation. High demand, pre-booking is a must, as only registered guests can join us in Club InterContinental over this period.
- Upgrades for InterContinental Ambassadors and Royal Ambassadors will not be available during this time; however, all other privileges will be valid and in addition to these privileges we will place a very special gift from us in your room on New Year’s Eve.
- Room type and bed type preferences are not guaranteed.
Please read our full terms and conditions.
For further information or help making a booking, please contact our Reservations team:
T: AU 1800 593 932
T: NZ 0800 801 111