The concierge team at InterContinental Sydney are passionate about the iconic harbour city of Sydney. Creating tailored experiences, the team take great pride in helping you capture the essence of Sydney from a local’s perspective and crafting memorable moments that are truly once-in-a-lifetime from the hotel’s idyllic location.
Set within the beautifully restored Treasury Building of 1851, InterContinental Sydney holds a rich heritage of 19th century architecture, wonderment and history, sitting upon the first grape vines planted in Australia in 1788. Home to the oldest operating elevators in the Southern Hemisphere, the hotel is one of Sydney’s most cherished icons locatedin the harbour city’s dress-circle. Only footsteps from Circular Quay, the public transport services connect guests with the treasures of Sydney, from Watson’s Bay to Manly and Taronga Zoo to Luna Park, discover the city’s premier attractions at the hotel’s doorstep.
Royal Botanic Gardens
- Located in Sydney’s dress-circle, InterContinental Sydney is just footsteps from Sydney’s iconic harbour and Royal Botanic Gardens. With spectacular stretches of breathtaking horticulture and glimpses of the iconic Sydney skyline, the stunning nearby gardens are a tranquil location for a picnic with a view.
- A short stroll from both Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge, the hotel is conveniently close to Circular Quay and The Rocks precinct for high-end luxury shopping trips, sightseeing and ferry trips to nearby islands, bays and beaches. Jump on a ferry across to world-renowned beaches in Manly and Bondi, visit native wildlife at Taronga Zoo or nip across to Watson’s Bay becoming part of a local Sydney tradition whilst indulging in Doyle’s’ infamous fish and chips.
- Down cobblestone alleyways and historic buildings, discover a flurry of local markets each weekend at The Rocks. Located under the iconic Harbour Bridge, the area is ideal for gift shopping with an array of Australian souvenir shops, jewellery boutiques and art galleries.
- Discover a host of family friendly attractions at nearby Darling Harbour including SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium, WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo, Madame Tussauds and IMAX Theatre. All located in the heart of Darling Harbour, take a journey of discovery with underwater adventures, koala encounters, kangaroo walkabouts and 3D movie experiences for the whole family to enjoy.
- InterContinental Sydney is very close to the nearest international airport, located only 12kms from the hotel (15‐20 minutes by car or taxi). Our Concierge team are pleased to arrange your limousine transfer from Sydney airport to the hotel, or hotel to Sydney Airport
Parking and Car Access
- Car entrance access to InterContinental Sydney is on Philip Street. The height restrictions for the car park is 2 metres in the carpark and 3.8 metres in the loading dock.
- Valet parking is available - In-house Guests (overnight) at $65 AUD per day and Day Guests (conference and restaurants etc) at $55 AUD per day *Please note: Rates are subject to change.
- InterContinental Sydney is proud to offer destination charging for all Tesla Motor vehicles offering 2 Tesla connectors up to 22kW