Since joining InterContinental Sydney late 2013 as Head of Pastry, Simon Veauvy, has played an instrumental part in producing bespoke desserts with innovative flair and infusing indulgent flavours into our High Tea and High Coffee menus. While his menus evolve seasonally, there is one classic that always remains on the menu: Simon’s Chocolate Raspberry Sable. Here, Simon shares with us the signature recipe:
CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY SABLE
Chocolate and raspberry sablé dough
- 150 g butter
- 120 g brown sugar
- 50 g caster sugar
- 1.5 g pure sea salt
- 130 g Guanaja Dark chocolate 70%
- 190 g bakers flour
- 20 g cocoa powder
- 5 g baking soda
- 45 g freeze dries raspberry
Total weight: 716.5 g
- Chop chocolate into small bits.
- Put butter in bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment.
Mix thoroughly at low speed.
- Sift flour with cocoa powder and baking soda.
- Mix butter, both types of sugar and salt.
- Mix until thoroughly blended, then add flour with cocoa powder, baking soda, chocolate and crunchy raspberries.
- Mix until thoroughly blended.
- Use immediately.
- Shape into rolls of 200 g, 2 cm in diameter and 40cm long.
- Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour at least.
- Cut into slices 2cm thick and place on silicone paper.
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Place sablés about 10 cm apart on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Defrost for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven, slide onto rack to cool.
2 weeks at room temperature