Allow the allure of sandstone arcades and a soaring glass atrium to welcome you into the pinnacle of definitive luxury. Nestled in the renowned dress circle of Circular Quay with unparalleled views across the harbour city, InterContinental Sydney has been an icon of choice for more than 30 years. From exceptional service to cultural craftsmanship, InterContinental collides old-world wonder with a brilliantly cosmopolitan vibe offering guests an elegant window into the luxury of travel as it should be.
With 509 guest rooms, including 28 suites, each room contains a picture frame view of the city skyline, Sydney Harbour Bridge, Sydney Opera House or the Royal Botanic Gardens, WiFi access, spacious work zone and luxury window seat and chaise lounge to enjoy the views. At InterContinental Sydney, discover an array of tantalising dining options suited for any celebration or occasion. From indulgent breakfasts at Cafe Opera, to The Cortile's specially crafted cocktails or renowned High Tea experiences.
INTERCONTINENTAL SYDNEY'S LOCATION
The concierge team at InterContinental Sydney are passionate about the iconic harbour city of Sydney. Creating tailored experiences, the team take great pride in helping you capture the essence of Sydney from a local’s perspective and crafting memorable moments that are truly once-in-a-lifetime from the hotel’s idyllic location.
Set within the beautifully restored Treasury Building of 1851, InterContinental Sydney holds a rich heritage of 19th century architecture, wonderment and history, sitting upon the first grape vines planted in Australia in 1788. Home to the oldest operating elevators in the Southern Hemisphere, the hotel is one of Sydney’s most cherished icons located in the harbour city’s dress-circle. Only footsteps from Circular Quay, the public transport services connect guests with the treasures of Sydney, from Watson’s Bay to Manly and Taronga Zoo to Luna Park, discover the city’s premier attractions at the hotel’s doorstep.
- A short stroll from both Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge, the hotel is conveniently close to Circular Quay and The Rocks precinct for high-end luxury shopping trips, sightseeing and ferry trips to nearby islands, bays and beaches. Jump on a ferry across to world-renowned beaches in Manly and Bondi, visit native wildlife at Taronga Zoo or nip across to Watson’s Bay becoming part of a local Sydney tradition whilst indulging in Doyle’s’ infamous fish and chips.
Royal Botanic Gardens
- Located in Sydney’s dress-circle, InterContinental Sydney is just footsteps from Sydney’s iconic harbour and Royal Botanic Gardens. With spectacular stretches of breathtaking horticulture and glimpses of the iconic Sydney skyline, the stunning nearby gardens are a tranquil location for a picnic with a view.
- Down cobblestone alleyways and historic buildings, discover a flurry of local markets each weekend at The Rocks. Located under the iconic Harbour Bridge, the area is ideal for gift shopping with an array of Australian souvenir shops, jewellery boutiques and art galleries.
- Discover a host of family friendly attractions at nearby Darling Harbour including SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium, WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo, Madame Tussauds and IMAX Theatre. All located in the heart of Darling Harbour, take a journey of discovery with underwater adventures, koala encounters, kangaroo walkabouts and 3D movie experiences for the whole family to enjoy.
Transport & Parking
InterContinental Sydney is very close to the nearest international airport (Sydney Kingsford Smith), located only 12kms from the hotel (15‐20 minutes by car or taxi).
Our Concierge team are pleased to arrange your limousine transfer from Sydney airport to the hotel, or hotel to Sydney Airport.
Parking and Car Access:
Driving Instructions: Head North to Sydney along Southern Cross Drive/Metroad 1 for approximately 6min (8km) via Eastern Distributor tunnel. Take Macquarie St Exit keeping right at fork. Turn right onto Macquarie St. Take first left onto Bridge Street then first right on to Phillip St. Hotel’s entrance will be on immediate right. Enter the hotel via driveway for car to be valet parked in hotel’s car park. (Note: Hotel's entrance is located on the corner of Phillip and Bridge Street). Road closures can take place for major events, please contact our concierge for more information for your stay dates.
- Car entrance access to InterContinental Sydney is on Philip Street. The height restrictions for the car park is 2 metres in the carpark and 3.8 metres in the loading dock.
- Valet parking is available - In-house Guests (overnight) at $70 AUD per day and Day Guests (conference and restaurants etc) at $55 AUD per day *Please note: Rates are subject to change.
- InterContinental Sydney is proud to offer destination charging for all Tesla Motor vehicles offering 2 Tesla connectors up to 22kW.
Nearest Train Station - Circular Quay
Head north-east 3m on Young St towards Alfred St. 87m Young St turns right and becomes Alfred St. 150m Continue onto Phillip St and the Entrance will be on the left.
Please note Club InterContinental is currently closed and will reopen from 1 November 2020.
As a Club InterContinental guest, you will enjoy the following complimentary privileges at this secluded lounge:
- Private registration for check-in and check-out
- All-day light refreshments
- Entertainment area featuring plasma TV and DVD
- Complimentary pressing of two pieces per stay
- Wireless high speed internet access and complimentary local calls
- Personalised Concierge and Business Centre Services
- Deluxe Buffet Breakfast and a la carte selections from 6.30am to 10.30am weekdays and until 11.00am weekends and public holidays
- Twilight evening with cocktails and canapes from 5pm – 7pm (no children permitted in Club after 5pm)
- Shower facilities
- Late check-out available on request
To explore more about InterContinental Sydney's award winning Club Lounge