Welcome to Sydney
Chief Concierge of InterContinental Sydney, David Patt, and his team are delighted to be at your service and to ensure every guest is given the opportunity to experience a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Sydney. The team are here to help you experience Sydney and the surrounds from a local’s perspective.
InterContinental Sydney is located in the cultural end of Sydney, just footsteps from the famous Sydney Opera House and Royal Botanic Gardens, Circular Quay and a short distance from iconic Sydney must‐see’s such as Harry’s Café de Wheels, and The Rocks precinct and Darling Harbour for high‐end shopping and sightseeing.
Sydney has an average high of 27º Celsius and average low of 17º Celsius for summer so a hat and sunscreen are a must during summer months, from around November to March. Winter months are quite mild with average maximum of 16º high to an average low of 9º Celsius.
Sydney Airport is conveniently located only 12 kms from the hotel (15‐20 minutes by car or taxi)
Things to SEE
- One of the oldest operating elevators in the Southern within the Treasury Building of 1851 at InterContinental Sydney
- Sydney Opera House
- Sydney Harbour Bridge
- Sydney and surrounds high up at the Sydney Tower Eye
Things to DO
- Enjoy a theatre or musical performance at the Sydney Opera House, or take a back of house group tour of the Opera House.
- Visit the animals at the Taronga Zoo, by catching a ferry from Circular Quay.
- Climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge (operated by Bridge Climb)
- Visit the local Family attractions including Madame Tussauds, Seaworld, Sydney Tower Eye, Manly Sea Life and Wild Life.
Our Concierge team are pleased to arrange your limousine transfer from Sydney airport to the hotel, or hotel to Sydney Airport.
Please complete your details and a member of the Concierge team will contact and confirm your transfer arrangements.
Transfers require a minimum of 48 hours in advance notice. Should you cancel within 24 hours of the arranged pick-up time, 100% of the transfer cost is payable as the cancellation fee.